January 11, 2019
Dear EasyRx customer,
Wow, time flies when you are having fun! I can’t believe we recently closed out another year at EasyRx, our third since taking over the company. If you are new to EasyRx this year, I welcome you again to EasyRx. If you have been a long time EasyRx customer, thank you very much for your continued support. Now that 2018 is in the book and 2019 is upon us, I thought I would share an update on our accomplishments in 2018 and what you can expect in 2019.
2018 was a great year for EasyRx. Some important milestones from the year:
- We doubled the number of practices using EasyRx, growing to over 800 practice customers.
- Our connected lab network dramatically expanded as well, growing from 100 to 225 labs by year’s end.
- We added new customers in Australia, England, France, Spain and Germany, in addition to the US and Canada.
- Prescription volume increased from 152,000 in 2017 to 320,000 in 2018. A 110% increase!
- 175,000 models were based using EasyRx 3D. Almost 500 models every day of the year.
- The EasyRx team continued to grow. We are now 10 strong!
EasyRx Software Enhancements
I’m often asked, “How do you know what new features to add to the software?” My reply has always been “It’s easy, just listen to what the customers are asking for.” During the year we posted new software enhancements and refinements to EasyRx 18 times, based on your feedback and requests. Some “big new enhancements” released:
- To simplify submitting an Rx, we added the new EasyRx Universal One Page Prescription Form.
- Integrations are critical to workflow, we introduced significant refinements to the iTero Integration.
- Added many changes to improve the overall workflow and efficiency of EasyRx, including items such as Request Repair/Remake Options shown when Rx is marked as Delivered, Tags have been added to the Needed by Date page on the Dashboard, URL links on Prescriptions.
- Several In-House lab enhancements for Practice Premium customers.
- Expanded international support by adding the Universal Tooth Numbering system and supports of dd/mm/yyyy date format.
- Introduced our initial support of dental, including crown and bridge prescriptions, shade guide, stump shade, characteristics, margin and pontic.
- Adding support of marking Deciduous Teeth on Prescriptions.
- Introduced a refined Dashboard for Lab customers.
- Continued enhancements to Stats for better data analytics.
- Added over 60 new Parts to the EasyRx Universal Library of Parts and Appliances Library
- Plus, hundreds of minor enhancements and bug fixes released during the year.
EasyRx 3D Enhancements
EasyRx 3D was released in the spring and was very much well received. After released, we continued to refine and enhanced the product, including:
- Added Artifact Removal Tool. Artifact Removal is a very powerful enhancement that allows you to remove scan remnants around STL/Digital Model files taken from 3D scanners.
- View STL Print List
- EasyRx now supports these 3D printer integrations:
- Formlabs Preform
- EnvisionTEC Perfactory
- MoonRay RayWare
- NextDent 3D Sprint
- For Labs on Standard, Premium and Enterprise, we’ve made it easier to add patients and upload files, to facilitate 3D printer workflow.
If you are 3D printing at your practice or lab, I urge to take a look at EasyRx 3D. We think EasyRx 3D is the easiest and faster basing software available on the market today.
What to expect in 2019
We are very, very excited about 2019. What you can expect this year:
- Continued focus on our core initiative to make EasyRx the Universal Lab Prescription Form and the leader in centralized lab prescription management.
- Enhance and integrate EasyRx 3D with 3D printing.
- Expand to other markets like restorative.
- Focus on adding more integrations with services like clear aligner, practice management, 3D printer.
- We have strong demand from outside the US and Canada. We are working to add support of other languages.
All of this will be done with a comment to service and dedication to delivering software to make your practice or lab better and more efficient. We love developing, releasing and supporting new EasyRx software.
Thank you again for being an EasyRx customer. I sincerely appreciate your support. As always, I can be reached by phone or email with any questions, comments or feedback you have.
President and CEO